Above Ground Pool Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I install an Above Ground Pool myself?
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me?
- How long will it take to receive my pool after I have placed my order?
- How deep will my pool be?
- What will my pool look like when I am finished?
- How do I know what size filter and pump I really need?
- Does Medallion use quality equipment?
- How long will my liner last?
- How about warranties?
- What is involved if I decide to put my pool in the ground with your 6' liner stairs?
- When should I do my decking?
- Can I put a light in my above ground pool?
- Can I add a Sliding Board to my Above Ground Pool?
- What about safety items?
- What about accessories?
- What do I do when it is time to close my pool for the winter?
- What do I use to cover my Above Ground Pool?
- Can I use a heater for my Above Ground Pool?
- How about the plumbing fittings and pipe?
- What items are included in the Above Ground Kit?
- What about electrical hookup?
- Can I take my Above Ground Pool with me if I move?
- Can I choose a different liner pattern than your standard?
- What do I do if I have a high water table or corrosive soil?
- How do I get a quote for my Above Ground Pool?
- How do I order?
- How do I pay for my pool?
- Can I install an Above Ground Pool myself? Yes you can! Our do it yourself installation manual covers the installation of your pool from layout to adding water.
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me? Yes. You may have your local handyman, or a contractor build it for you. You could even hire an excavator to level your ground or dig your hole if you are putting your pool in ground and you could take it from there.
- How long will it take to receive my pool after I have placed my order? Once you have ordered your pool and your order has been processed it is normally shipped from our warehouse within 5-7 working days. The length of time for you to receive your pool depends on your geographic location. To give you an idea, a shipment to the West Coast normally takes 7 days. If you are in the Midwest, 4 to 5 days. The normal East Coast time is 2 to 3 days. Your pool will be shipped from our manufacturing center located in Colonail Heights, Virginia.
- How deep will my pool be? Several options are available for the depth of your Freedom Above Ground Pools. Ask your Sales Specialist for complete details. Remember, for your safety all pools must be built to APSP Standards.
- What will my pool look like when I am finished? That is the beauty of the Medallion Above Ground Pool. It is so versatile we leave it up to you. Remember, this pool can go in ground with a concrete deck just like an in ground pool, or you can put it partially in ground with a decorative wood deck. And of course, you can install your pool completely above ground and use a wood or vinyl siding to match your house.
- How do I know what size filter and pump I really need? Your pump and filter will be sized according to the volume of water in your pool. The main objective of any filtration system is the ability to turn over all the water in your pool at least once within a period of 12 hours. However, we do realize that there are those of you who like everything bigger and faster so we offer upgrades at an additional cost. Ask your Sales Specialist for details.
- Does Medallion use quality equipment? We have been in business since 1960 and associate only with the finest equipment manufacturers in the Pool & Spa Industry. You don't stay in business as long as we have by selling less than quality products to your customers!
- How long will my liner last? Your liner comes with a 10 year limited, prorated warranty from the liner manufacturer. The actual life of your liner will depend on your water chemistry and other variables.
- How about warranties? We've got you covered. Your Medallion Above Ground Pool comes standard with a 25 year limited, prorated warranty that covers manufacturer's defects. Your pump, filter, liner, and other accessories are per individual manufacturers' warranties. Please see your warranty cards for complete details.
- What is involved if I decide to install your 6' liner stairs? If you decide to go this route, you assemble the stairs, bolt your stairs to the walls, attach special braces, and pour a cement collar around the stair area. You will order the liner so that it is made to fit over the stairs. See your installation manual for complete details.
- When should I do my decking? It will depend on many variables, such as type of decking, if pool is on or below the ground, etc. Please ask your Sales Specialist for further details.
- Can I put a light in my above ground pool? Absolutely! Unlike other above ground pools, putting a light in your Medallion Above Ground Pool does not void the warranty! A light can really show the beauty of your above ground pool. Medallion offers and recommends the Lumi-O Dry Niche Light for our Above Ground Pools. A dry niche light has many advantages. It does not require you to stick your hand in the water (like traditional pool lights) to change the bulb. It uses a standard flood light bulb available at any department store rather than a special bulb from a pool store that can cost upwards of $90.00. Hint: You can use colored bulbs to really jazz up your pools appearance. The more lights, the better it looks!
- Can I add a Sliding Board to my Above Ground Pool? You may use a sliding board only if the pool size, depth and bottom dimensions meet current Association of Pool and Spa Professionals standards for sliding boards. Please ask your Sales Specialist for complete details. Medallion uses Association of Pool and Spa Professionals standards for required depths and distances relating to the layout of your pool.
- What about safety items? Every Medallion Above Ground Pool complete kit comes with a safety sign package and stickers.
- What about accessories? Medallion is a full line distributor for every thing from Anchor Sockets to Zinc Anodes.
- What do I do when it is time to close my pool for the winter? Winterizing your Medallion Pool takes just a few simple steps. This information is located in your owner's manual. And never forget that Medallion Pools is just a phone call away if you have any questions.
- What do I use to cover my Above Ground Pool? This will depend on what decking you have chosen. If your pool is totally in ground, you will use a standard Medallion Cover with water tubes. If your pool is partially in ground or has a deck around it, you will use the same as above. However if your pool is on ground with no decking, (just a ladder for entry and exit) you will need a standard above ground cover with draw cable. Remember, if your pool has a deck around it (wood or concrete) you may purchase a safety cover. Ask your Sales Specialist for complete details.
- Can I use a heater for my Above Ground Pool? Yes, Medallion Pools offers numerous heating options for your Inground Pool. See your Sales Specialist for more information. The great thing about having a heater is that you can open your pool earlier in the spring and close it later in the fall, or even keep it open all year round depending on your geographic location. A heater is also very nice because you can have your desired water temperature any time you like.
- How about the plumbing fittings and pipe? Remember, when you are ready to purchase your pool your Sales Specialist will go over a complete checklist of items that you will need.
- What items are included in the Above Ground Kit? That will vary depending on which particular pool package you purchase. Your Medallion Pools Sales Specialist will be happy to go over all of your options with you.
- What about electrical hookup? Medallion strongly recommends that you get a certified electrician to do all of your electrical work. As local codes may vary please talk to your electrician for details.
- Can I take my Above Ground Pool with me if I move? Yes, you may disassemble your Above Ground Pool and move it. There are a few things that you will need to know. Obviously if your pool has been installed in the ground with a cement deck poured around it we do not recommend it. However, if your pool has been sitting above the ground by all means, pick it up and take it with you! You will need to purchase a liner when you relocate the pool.
- Can I choose a different liner pattern than your standard? Yes. A different style liner is available to you for an additional charge. If you are interested in a different style liner just ask your Sales Specialist for details.
- What do I do if I have a high water table or corrosive soil conditions? If you have either of these conditions please consult your Medallion Sales Specialist. There are proven methods of dealing with all of these problems and your Sales Specialist can help you get the answers you need..
- How do I get a quote for my Above Ground Pool? Its simple. Fill out the request information page on our web site or call your Medallion Sales Specialist for pricing information.
- How do I order? Simply call the number listed on our home page, ask to speak to a Medallion Sales Specialist who will assist you and help you decide what size best fits your family's needs. Your Specialist will also be able to walk through the entire buying process with you.
- How do I pay for my pool? Medallion accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or you can pay with a check. You can even wire your money directly from your personal account. Please keep in mind that personal checks require a 10-day waiting period before your order can be processed.
Click here to return to the main Freedom Above Ground Pool Page.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE POOLS
THAT'S MEDALLION POOLS
Medallion Pools, 840 W Roslyn Rd, Colonial Heights, VA 23834