Frequently Asked Questions About Swimspas
- Can I install a Swimspa myself?
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me?
- How long will it take to receive my Swimspa after I have placed my order?
- How deep is my Swimspa?
- What sizes are available for the Swimspa?
- What should I put under my Swimspa for support?
- Can I recess my Swimspa in a deck?
- Can my Swimspa be installed below the ground?
- How do I heat my Swimspa?
- Does my Swimspa have freeze protection?
- What do I need as far as an electrical supply for my Swimspa?
- What will my Swimspa look like?
- What is used to keep the water clean?
- Can I put a light in my Swimspa?
- Do you use quality equipment?
- What about warranties?
- Does my Swimspa come with a cover?
- Can I take my Swimspa with me if I move?
- Can I change the liner?
- How long will the liner last?
- How do I get a quote for my Medallion Swimspa?
- How do I order?
- How do I pay for my Medallion Swimspa?
- Can I install a Swimspa myself? Yes you can! Our do it yourself installation manual covers the installation of your Swimspa from layout to adding water. In most cases the Ultra II Swimspa can be assembled in less than a day.
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me? Yes. You may have a local handyman, or contractor build it for you.
- How long will it take to receive my Swimspa after I have placed my order? Once you have ordered your Swimspa and your order has been processed it is normally shipped from our warehouse within 5-7 working days. The length of time it takes for you to receive your Swimspa depends on your geographic location. To give you an idea, a shipment to the West Coast normally takes 7 days. If you are in the Midwest, 4 to 5 days. The normal East Coast time is 2 to 3 days. Your Swimspa will be shipped from our manufacturing center located in Colonial Heights, Virginia.
- How deep is my Swimspa? The Ultra II Swimspa has 42 " walls and a deeper floor is available.
- What sizes are available for the Swimspa? The Ultra II Swimspa comes in the following sizes:
7' x 10', 7' x 12', 7' x 14', 8' x 10', 8' x 12', 8' x 14'. Please see your pricing information for complete details.
- What should I put under my Swimspa for support? The Ultra II Swimspa can sit directly on graded and compacted earth or concrete. The actual measurements of the slab will depend on the size of the Swimspa ordered. Please ask your Sales Specialist for complete details.
- Can I recess my Swimspa in a deck? Yes. If your deck is large enough for the size Swimspa ordered. You can also place your Swimspa up against the side of the deck as well.
- Can my Swimspa be installed below the ground? Yes. Please ask your Sales Specialist for details on in ground installation.
- How do I heat my Swimspa? Your Swimspa comes with a spa pack, complete with an electric heater. Gas heaters (either Natural Gas or Propane), and heat pumps are also available. Discuss with your Sales Specialist about which unit is right for you.
- Does my Swimspa have freeze protection? Remember, you will be using your Swimspa all year around. Your equipment pack has a built in freeze protection providing that it has a power source. Please consult your owners manual for complete details.
- What do I need as far as an electrical supply for my Swimspa? Medallion Pools strongly recommends that you have a certified electrician do all of your electrical work. As local codes may vary please talk to your electrician or building official for details. The Ultra II Swimspa requires 50 Amp. 220-volt power supply for the spa pack and a 40 Amp. 220-volt power supply for the 4hp BaduStream swim current generator.
- What will my Swimspa look like? One of the most important decisions that you will make when ordering your Swimspa will be your liner pattern and color choice. Unlike other Swimspa manufacturers, Medallion Pools offers a wide variety of patterns and color choices. You will be supplied with a full color brochure to make your decision easier. Get the whole family involved and vote on it!
- What is used to keep the water clean? First of all, your Swimspa comes standard with a skimfilter, giving you 2 cartridges to filter the water. You can use Nature2®, Chlorine, Bromine, a chlorine generator (salt system), or any other approved sanitizer available on the market to keep your water clean and sparkling. Please note that whenever using a chlorine generator (salt system) it is highly recommended that you install a zinc anode.
- Can I put a light in my Swimspa? Yes. You can add an optional light to your Swimspa order.
- Do you use quality equipment? We have been in business since 1960 and associate only with the finest equipment manufacturers in the pool & spa industry. You don't stay in business as long as we have by selling less than quality products to your customers!
- What about warranties? We've got you covered. Your Swimspa panels carry a 10-year limited, prorated warranty against manufacturer's defect. Your spa equipment pack, liner, and other accessories are covered per individual manufacturer's warranties. Please see your individual warranty cards for complete information.
- Can I take my Swimspa with me if I move? Yes. Simply disconnect the plumbing, drain, and take it away.
- Can I change the liner? Yes. You may change the liner simply by ordering a new one and putting it in just like you did the first one. This is completely unlike an acrylic spa in which the color can never be changed unless you buy a whole new spa. Liners are relatively inexpensive and years down the road it can give your old spa a brand new look.
- How long will the liner last? A Swimspa liner comes standard with a 20 year limited, prorated warranty from the liner manufacturer. However, keep in mind that the actual life of a liner could be shorter or longer depending on water chemistry and other variables. Please see your warranty card or ask your Sales Specialist for complete details.
- How do I get a quote for my Medallion Pools Swimspa? Its simple. Fill out the request information page on our web site or call your Medallion Pools Sales Specialist for pricing information.
- How do I order? Simply call the number listed on our home page, ask to speak to a Medallion Sales Specialist who will assist you and help you decide what size best fits your family's needs. The Sales Specialist will also be able to walk through the whole buying process with you.
- How do I pay for my Medallion Swimspa? Medallion accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or you can pay by personal check. You can even wire the money directly from your personal account. Please keep in mind that personal checks require up to a 10-day waiting period before your order can be fully processed.
Click here to return to the main Swimspa Page.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE POOLS
THAT'S MEDALLION POOLS
Medallion Pools, 840A West Roslyn Rd., Colonial Heights, VA 23834